** How to cancel amazon seller account ** – An Amazon seller account can be canceled, but the process isn’t simple. If you’re ready to end your account and remove yourself as an Amazon seller, follow these steps to close your account and return any merchandise to Amazon. Once you close your seller account, you won’t be able to create another one in the future. Be sure this is what you want before following the steps below.
Log into your Amazon Seller Central account
- Click the Settings tab from the top navigation bar.
- On the Settings page, click on Your Account in the left column of tabs.
- Next, find and click on Cancel My Amazon Seller Account in the right column of tabs under Account Settings.
- On the pop-up window that appears, select your reason for cancelling your account and then click Continue.
- Finally, enter your password and click Cancel Account.
Click on the Settings tab
- Click on the Settings tab and select your name.
- Scroll down until you see a Selling on Amazon section and click on End Activity.
- Select the reason for ending your activity, then click End Activity.
- Click End Activity again in the popup window that appears and then click on Cancel My Services.
- You can also confirm by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page: Are you sure you want to end your selling activity with Amazon?
- Then scroll down and click on End Activity.
Scroll down to the Account Info section and click on the Cancel Account button
You can’t really delete your account, but you can cancel it and stop using it. To do this, go to the Account Info section and click on the Cancel Account button. This will stop any activity on the account, including all pending orders. You’ll be able to keep your listing information and products in order to access them at a later date if needed.
If you decide that you want to start selling again, simply log in with your credentials and select I’m not canceling my Amazon Seller Account.
You can view a list of your accounts by clicking on Seller Central in the upper right corner of Amazon’s website, then choose My Accounts. Next, scroll down to Manage Account and select Orders. You can view all of your orders as well as when they were shipped and canceled. To see an order in more detail, simply click on it and you’ll be able to see any notes you left or whether it was fulfilled by Amazon.
Follow the instructions on the screen to confirm your cancellation
- Go to the Account & Lists page.
- Click on the Seller Central button in the list of options at the top of your screen.
- Under My Selling Activities, click on Manage Your Inventory.
- You will see a list of all items you have for sale on Amazon with some details about each item and a link that says Cancel Fulfillment.
- Click on this link for any listings you would like to cancel, and select one of three options: Cancel Immediately, Cancel as Soon as Possible, or Cancel Later (when you’re out of stock).
After selecting an option, click Submit Request. Once your request is submitted, please do not change it unless you are canceling other listings as well. It may take up to two weeks for us to process your cancellation request and complete the process. If there are still items listed on our site when we process your cancellation request, they will be canceled automatically after two weeks from the date we received your cancellation request. The only exception is if you requested that we cancel them later – then they will be cancelled automatically after one week from the date we received your request .
8 Things To Remember Before You Shut Down Your Account
- Cancel any active subscriptions or services associated with your account.
- Remove any outstanding orders and issue refunds to buyers.
- Contact every party involved in your business
- Delete any sensitive Amazon account info.
- Save or export your account data.
- Request a final payment from Amazon.
- Give yourself enough time to finish the process, so you don’t forget anything.
- Take your time to consider your experience as an Amazon vendor.
Cancel any active subscriptions or services associated with your account
- You can click on the Accounts & Lists icon and then click on the Your Account tab.
- From here, you will see a list of all your active subscriptions or services. Click on the one that you want to cancel and then click on Cancel Subscription.
- Select Yes, I want to end this subscription and then confirm by clicking on End Subscription.
- Repeat this process for any other active subscriptions or services that are still associated with your account.
- You will receive an email from Amazon after canceling your account asking you to confirm that you would like to close it. Confirm the cancellation by typing Yes in the text box and then click on Close My Account.
Remove any outstanding orders and issue refunds to buyers
1) Log in to your Amazon Seller Account and click on the Orders tab.
2) Look for any orders that have not been fulfilled or canceled, and click on them.
3) Select Cancel Order from the dropdown menu and click the Update button. You will be prompted with a message asking if you want to refund the customer’s money or ship their order. Click on Refund.
4) When you are finished, click on the Orders tab again and look for any orders that have not been fulfilled or canceled, then repeat steps 2-3 until there are no more orders left.
Contact every party involved in your business
The first step is finding out who you need to contact in order for your business to be shut down. You’ll need to find the email or phone number for:
Amazon Seller Account
Your bank or credit card company (to stop payments)
Your tax company (to file any necessary paperwork)
You’ll also want to contact any third parties involved in your business, such as suppliers and/or clients, so they know what’s happening with your company. A good way to do this is through an email that is sent out at the same time you notify all other parties.
Delete any sensitive Amazon account info
To cancel your Amazon Seller Account, you must first login with your email address and password. Once logged in, click on Selling Settings on the left-hand side of the page. Next, click on the Ending Your Selling Agreement link. From there, select Cancel selling agreement. Amazon will then prompt you with a screen that asks if you are sure that you want to end your agreement. Click Yes. You will then be prompted by another window that asks if you want to sell any remaining inventory before ending your account. This process is as simple as clicking No.
Save or export your account data
To close your Amazon Seller Account, you will need to access your Seller Central account. Select Listings from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. You will see a list of all your products and in the upper right corner you should see Active or Inactive. If Active is selected, select Inactive and then select Close Account. You will now be prompted to enter an email address at which you can be contacted with any questions about your closure request. Once this is complete, click on Continue.
You’ll be brought to a page that says: Thanks for contacting us. We’re sorry for any inconvenience but we’re unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later or contact us for assistance by clicking here . Clicking on Contact Us sends me back to the same error message. I cannot get out of my account and cannot contact customer service. I have tried multiple times but it still does not work. It also says We are sorry for any inconvenience when I go to close my account.
Request a final payment from Amazon
- Log into your Seller Central Account.
- Select the Seller Services drop down menu on the left side of the page, and then select Final Payment.
- Select the appropriate payment type (Credit Card, ACH, Wire Transfer) that you would like to request a final payment from Amazon for your last month’s sales before closing your Amazon Seller Account.
- Input your credit card information or other information if applicable and click Submit Request at the bottom of the screen to complete this process.
Give yourself enough time to finish the process, so you don’t forget anything
To cancel your Amazon seller account, you can go to Seller Central and log in. On the left-hand side of the page, you will see Inventory and Invoices. Click on the Invoices tab.
On the right-hand side of the page, you will see a button that says End my selling privileges. Clicking this button will take you through a series of steps where you will be asked why you want to end your selling privileges.
Once that process is complete, click on Submit Request and then click Close Window or Log Out depending on which option is available.
Take your time to consider your experience as an Amazon vendor
Amazon is a great company for small business owners because of their ease of use and the chance for exposure. However, there are drawbacks when you are an Amazon vendor. If you are one of these vendors, it’s important that you know how to cancel your Amazon seller account so that you can stop getting charged. I’ll show you how below. 1) Go to
2) Click on Manage Your Selling Account
3) Select Seller Agreement from the drop down menu
4) Scroll down and click on Close Account.
5) Type in your password and click Continue
6) Choose Yes, Close My Account And All Sub Accounts Associated With It Immediately.
Amazon is a powerhouse of e-commerce, and selling on Amazon offers significant advantages over selling elsewhere. But selling through Amazon can become burdensome for one’s online presence if you’re not careful. Weigh the pros and cons before taking any drastic measures; however, if it becomes clear that cancelling your Amazon account is best for you, don’t hesitate.
Begin by assessing the situation and creating a document detailing the problems you’ve encountered.